Activio Privacy Notice
Activio Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as “Activio”) collects, uses, and discloses personal data in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations, including Thailand’s Personal Data Protection Act B.E. 2562 (hereinafter referred to as “PDPA”).
This privacy notice shall apply to customers and non-customers who are under the protection of PDPA and this notice applies to both our online and offline data collection activities, including personal data that Activio collects through our various channels, including any of our websites, third party social networks, and other platforms. You agree that using the services of Activio through various channels or providing information to Activio constitutes your acceptance of the practices as described in this privacy notice.
1. Personal data which is collected by Activio
Activio will collect your personal data as necessary for lawful purposes. Activio may receive personal data through both direct and indirect means such as electronic channels, physical documents, inquiries, government agencies, business partners, and/or other service providers such as Facebook, Line, and etc.
Activio may collect your data which are:
- Personal data such as name, surname, gender, age, nationality, date of birth, marital status, address, email address, telephone number, national ID number, house registration, passport number, work permit number, tax ID number, social security number, employee number, bank account number, work history, education history, personal photo, family certificate;
- Personal agreement such as house rental agreement, employment agreement, shares purchase agreement;
- Sensitive data such as racial or ethnic origins, religion or philosophical beliefs, health information, political opinion, genetic data, biometric data, criminal record, fingerprint, etc. In the event that Activio accidentally receives such data and has no intention to collect such data, Activio will not use your sensitive data unless acquiring your explicit consent or permitted by law.
2. Purpose of Personal Data Collection, Use, or Disclosure
In order to conduct business operations, activities and/or transactions according to your request and/or to achieve Activio’s objectives, Activio may collect, use and disclose your personal data, including but not limited to; the following objectives;
- To carry out the contract you have with Activio, or to process your request prior to entering into the contract, or any other relevant procedures. If you do not provide your personal data, Activio may not be able to proceed with your request as notified or there may be other legal effects;
- To carry out the contract with the contracting party that Activio procures or uses;
- To comply with the law;
- To serve public interest or carry out tasks assigned to Activio by government agencies;
- In the event that Activio receives your explicit consent, Activio will only use your personal data for purposes you have given consent to;
- In the event that Activio collects minor personal data, Activio will only process in accordance with the purposes for which the data subject has provided and such data will not be used for any other or marketing purpose. In this regard, you represent and warrant that the persons exercising parental power of such minor have given their consent to providing such personal data;
- If Activio wishes to process sensitive data, Activio must acquire your explicit consent before or during the collection of such data except such processing of sensitive data is on a contractual basis which you requested.
3. Data sharing and transfer
Activio may share, transfer, and re-transfer your personal data with the company’s business group, company’s business partners, and government or regulatory agencies in order to comply with legal obligations, perform contractual obligations, or provide services that you have requested.
Moreover, your personal data may be transferred to third party or servers which are located internationally. In this regard, Activio will take necessary actions to ensure adequate data protection standards of the destination countries and provide appropriate safeguards for transferring of your personal data pursuant to the current Personal Data Protection law of Thailand.
In case the destination countries do not have adequate data protection standards, Activio will proceed to transfer personal data with the protection measures as necessary and suitable to maintain and protect the security of such personal data.
4. Rights of Data Subject
You have the following rights in relation to your personal data.
- To withdraw consent for the use of your personal data.
- To access your personal data.
- To request a copy of your data.
- To request disclosure of the acquisition of personal data obtained without your consent.
- To receive any personal data which is consentingly provided by you or which Activio uses to perform contract with you, in a reasonable format specified by you, which is readable or commonly used by means of automatic tools or equipment, and can be used or disclosed by automated means. This also includes your right to send or transfer such personal data in the specified format to another data controller.
- To object to the collection, usage, or disclosure of your personal data where it is necessarily collected for (i) the performance carried out by Activio for public interest, (ii) the exercising of official authority, or (iii) legitimate interests of Activio (or those of a third party), unless Activio can demonstrate that there are compelling legitimate reasons for such collection, usage, or disclosure, or such implementation is carried out for legal claims. You also have the right to object in case such collection, usage or disclosure is carried out for the purpose of direct marketing, or for scientific, historical or statistical research, unless it is necessarily preceded by Activio for public interest.
- To request Activio to erase, destroy, or anonymize your personal data. For example, when it is no longer necessary to process the data for the intended purposes, or when your consent has been withdrawn.
- To require Activio to restrict its processing of your personal data under certain circumstances.
- To request Activio to keep your personal data accurate, up-to-date, complete, and not misleading.
- To lodge a complaint with the PDPA expert committee regarding the processing of your personal data.
Please note that the above rights are not absolute, and Activio may be entitled to refuse requests where exceptions apply.
5. Protection of your personal data
Activio shall implement appropriate safeguards to ensure the confidentiality and security of your personal data, which will prevent your personal data from any unauthorized or unlawful loss, alteration, correction, use, disclosure, or access. Activio also requires employees to comply with our privacy standards and policies and to exercise essential measures when collecting, using or transferring your personal data.
6. Personal Data Retention
Your personal data shall be retained for as long as appropriate and necessary to fulfill the purposes described above. The retention period of your personal data shall be in accordance with the applicable regulations and laws of the Kingdom of Thailand.
7. Contact us
You can request to exercise data subject rights and if you have any questions or complaints, you can contact Activio via the following channel;
Activio Co., Ltd.
Address: No. 38 Chalanttip Bldg. 7th Floor, Unit 7A, Convent Rd., Silom, Bangrak, Bangkok 10500, Thailand
Tel: (+66) (0)2-632-0905
8. Effective date and amendments to this privacy notice
This privacy notice is effective from June 1, 2022. The notice herein shall be reviewed regularly and may be amended from time to time to ensure consistency with personal data protection practices and law. The said amendment will be posted on the Activio website.